Ministry of Labour, Social, Family Affairs and Integration
Residence Registration in Hamburg
If you move within Hamburg or from abroad to an apartment in Hamburg, you have to register within two weeks in one of the District Office’s Customer Service Centres (Kundenzentrum) in Hamburg.
Registration - Hamburg Welcome Portal
You can make an appointment online for the registration or re-registration of the residence. The booking of an appointment is sufficient to meet the deadline.
Please submit the following documents:
- completed and signed registration form
- confirmation from the landlord “Wohnungsgeberbestätigung”
- official photo identification (identification card or passport) for every registering person
- administration fee: 12 Euro
In addition, further documents must be submitted by:
- Married / Partnered couples:
- marriage certificate (original)
- divorce decree (original)
- Widowed persons:
- death certificate (original)
- Holders of an electronic residence permit (eAT):
- the residence permit
Information about the registration in Hamburg can be found in the section Forms.