Studying & Working Counselling Centre for the Recognition of Qualifications
Anyone with a foreign qualification is welcome to get in touch with the Counselling Centre for the Recognition of Qualifications (Zentrale Anlaufstelle für Anerkennung – ZAA). They offer advice and support on the following issues:
Hamburg Welcome Portal English – Studying & Working – Counselling Centre for the Recognition of Qualifications
- What can I do with my educational and/or professional qualification in Germany?
- Can I have my educational and/or professional qualification recognised?
- Do I need a qualification recognition in order to work?
- Who is responsible for recognition?
- Which documents are required to complete the recognition process?
- How much costs the recognition and how can these costs be paid?
The ZAA (Counselling Centre for the Recognition of Qualifications) will also answer questions about an official notice of recognition.
The ZAA offers personal consultations and written consultations. For a personal consultation you need an appointment.
For a personal consultation, the following information is required in the appointment scheduling:
- Name, telephone number and date of birth, nationality
- What sort of qualification or certificates do you have?
- Which country is the qualification or certificate from?
- Is there a German translation of these documents available?
- What are your expectations from the consultation?
You can also receive a consultation by e-mail, post or fax. Please fill out the consultation form.
The ZAA offers consultations in all languages. Please tell us in advance in which language you wish to be advised. Either there is a consultant available who speaks your language, or we hire an interpreter for the occasion.
All services of the ZAA are free of charge and confidential.
Contact Details of the Counselling Centre for the Recognition of Qualifications (ZAA)
Großer Burstah 25
phone: +49 40 3062 0-396 (Appointment scheduling: Mon, Tues, and Wed: 9 a.m. – 12 a.m.; Mon, Wed: 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.)
The ZAA is a partner of “IQ Netzwerk Hamburg NOBI” (site in German language). The IQ Network Hamburg NOBI advises the recognition of foreign professional qualifications, provides advice on adaptation and post-qualifications, and offers qualification courses in order to compensate qualification differences and to achieve the full recognition of foreign qualifications. NOBI operates within the nationwide programme “Integration through Qualification (IQ)” and is coordinated by the Handwerkskammer Hamburg (Chamber of Crafts).
At the information portal “Recognition in Germany” you can find all information about the recognition of foreign qualifications in Germany. Depending on the profession and city where you want to work, you will find on this portal the competent authorities (site available in English, Spanish, Italian, Romania, Polish, Turkish and Russian).
Other databases with information on the evaluation of degrees: