Ministry of Labour, Social, Family Affairs and Integration

Immigration & Registration Offices District Immigration Authorities

To obtain or renew your residence document you can address yourself to the responsible district immigration authority.

District Immigration Authorities - Hamburg Welcome Portal


With the immigration authorities of the Hamburg District Offices one can handle the following formalities: 

  • filing an application to obtain or renew a residence document (Residence Permit, EU Blue Card, Settlement Permit, EU long-term Residence Permit)
  • submitting a formal obligation for a long-term stay in Germany

Which District Office is responsible for me?

You can easily identify the District Office in charge of your application for a residence document (or its extension) online by using the Hamburg Administration Guide (Behördenfinder der Stadt Hamburg).

  1. Call up the Hamburg Administration Guide.
  2. Enter your registered address (street name and house number) in Hamburg.
  3. Press the red button (“Weiter”).

The Hamburg Administration Guide will now show you the relevant department’s contact details and opening hours.

As an alternative, qualified professionals and managers, students and their families may also contact the Hamburg Welcome Center.

Please note:
For immigrants who still reside abroad, the competence lies with the respective German diplomatic mission abroad (embassy, consulate) in their home country.